• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gaboon Viper or Rhinoceros Viper?

Okay so i was talking with some chick I met in my town through a friend of mine, and she swore up and down she owned a Rhinoceros viper...................i didnt beliebe her at all show she sent me pictures in my yahoo and the pictures SHE sent me were of a Gaboon Viper so then she started syaing that Rhioceros and Gaboon Vipers are the same snake... i dont agree with this though i havent ever dabbled much into it yet I always though a Rhinoceros Viper was ALLOT more vibrently colored usually than a Gaboon viper and that Gaboon was a Hell of allot bigger than a Rhinoceros viper. i may be very wrong here but i think they are two different snakes. can anyone confirm or denye this?

wallace&mick

well i'm afraid she is very wrong first off the one big difference in rhino and gaboon is venom is she's bitten by a gabby and says it a rhino then she is gonna die second of all the gabby has a slight upturn on its nose where as the rhino has what looks like 2 rhino horns also a gabby can easily reach 4-5ft and a rhino only 2-3 too an untrained eye a gabby and rhino have similar colours and pattern but when you know snake you can see tht the colours are very different its pretty much the same as the problem with aff rock and burmese python would you post the picture on here please an i can tell you rhino or gabby

wallace&mick said:
well i'm afraid she is very wrong first off the one big difference in rhino and gaboon is venom is she's bitten by a gabby and says it a rhino then she is gonna die second of all the gabby has a slight upturn on its nose where as the rhino has what looks like 2 rhino horns also a gabby can easily reach 4-5ft and a rhino only 2-3 too an untrained eye a gabby and rhino have similar colours and pattern but when you know snake you can see tht the colours are very different its pretty much the same as the problem with aff rock and burmese python would you post the picture on here please an i can tell you rhino or gabby

i would of if i hadnt signedoff my yahoo too go to sleep last night lol. ill ask her for the pics again when italk to her tonight

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam