• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Food for BTS

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
Ok i have been researching BTS cause my wife and i want a new lizard and she wants one that she can interact with more and does not look mean... she thinks the Bearded Dragons look mean...lol

G

We have the blue tailed skink up her in the mountains [You are talking the blue tongued] They are found now and then under logs and such . I had one for a year or so in a ten gallon tank with an alligator lizard [also found around here ] and two anoles from the pet store ... They are very interesting animals .. Mine ate well and I would feed them pill bugs , tiny grass hoppers . small moths .. If they needed heat special light or gut loaded food no one told them .. They all did fine till I let them go in the garden ..[ I doubt the anoles made it] Different animals make for good learning experiences ... I guess the BTS is a fine lizard to have and keep ..Good luck

G

lol beardies are funny. mine definitely things hes the most bad a** thing in the house.

i think their diet is supposed to be 50% veggies 40% meat and 10% fruit. they can eat kale, collard greens, mustard greens, banana, figs, mango, apple, strawberries, ground chicken or turkey, insects. theres a ton of stuff they can eat. but don't feed raw meat.

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
Thanks...yeah i have been looking and people were saying dog and cat food but i was trying to see if anyone on here had any...

vaughanson

Ham looks something like true lizards, but most species have no pronounced neck and relatively small legs sport. Several genera are not all members, while other such as Neoseps have only reduced members.

Reptile_fever

No kail,60% veggies,25% fuits,15% insects,or smoked turkey,high grade dog or cat food pinkies bathed in calcium powder will do!!No kail or broccoli!!!

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Kale**

From BlueTongueSkink.net:
" 50% vegetables and greens, 40% meat, mice, and insects, and 10% fruits. A large portion of their diet should include fresh vegetables and greens such as kale, collard greens, mustard greens, beet greens, bokchoy, etc. You may use virtually any fruit such as figs, papaya, mango, grapes, banana, diced apple, strawberry, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries (it's fun because they have blue tongues), melons and kiwi. Meats can include cooked shredded/ground (lean) chicken, beef or turkey, different types of worms and insects, an occasional mouse, and a small amount of cat food. "

I wouldn't personally agree on the cat food part or "NO RAW MEAT" part but that's just me...

Go here for more information:
http://bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced