• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

first time non-snake reptile keeper and a scale problem(?)

Len

F1276645-C3BD-4E34-8BD6-263E4B139826.jpeg
F1276645-C3BD-4E34-8BD6-263E4B139826.jpeg
Hello, i just registered here (i've visited this place so many times but idk why I assumed i wasn't able register here before). I just acquired my first non-snake reptile (i have 5 snakes) on 31st of May this year and he/she is an argentine b&w tegu named Vox.

He/she looks healthy and active and we've interacted a lot, i don't force him/her to come out or touch him/her too much, he/she's just curious and comes out by him/herself when i put food and water everyday(not always tho). Even though he/she's becoming more and more casual and calm when crawling around or on me he/she's still jumpy and sometimes open his mouth but it won't last long and usually he/she will relax once he/she sniffs or flick his/her tongue on my hand. The only time Vox bit me was when he/she mistook my toe for some kind of food.

A day ago Vox just shed and i saw something weird on his/her back scale, i probably didn't notice it before bcs i got him/her while he/she was just about to shed and he/she was pale and also he/she has only let me got so close to him recently

(I apologize for the nails, i'm trying my best)
(Also apologize for the she/he thing, sometimes i call him him sometimes i call her her, still can't decide for now)

Zyn

Looks like some stuck scales pulled out with the shed or it’s a healing wound. Doesn’t look infected or anything. Don’t see issues with your nails either lol. But I’m not a vet just my opinion here

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome Len.

Mechanical damage. Keep Neosporin on hand.

Beautiful tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744