• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Filter Recomendation

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey all. So Bacardi somehow killed his filter. It was an internal filter and it looks like he pulled it out of the water and the motor has burned out, cheek little bugger. So now I am off to the pet store to get a new one in the morning. This was over due as the small filter was getting over worked and I had to clean it almost every day.

It has been a while scenes I bought a canister filter (haven't been in fish for oh about 6 years now) and was thinking of getting a Fluval canister. The hope is that I can use this when the pond gets bigger. So it will be overkill now but when the time comes I won't have to buy another filter.

So is Fluval still as good as I remember them or is there another brand you all would recommend?

reppinREPS

5 Year Member
Cascade is the one I choose, I have 3, work for 5years and I am able to replace parts easily online ordering. =) PetSoulutions PetMountain... think about it, it will be cheaper than petco.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I picked up a Fluval 305 for $80 at the local story, good timing the 306 just came out so they were on clearance. I hope it last as long as my last Fluval which I think might still be alive and kicking somewhere. I had it for a few years, around 4 or so and sold it with the turtles when I had to give them up. Its all set up and running.

Was thinking about building my own, but they normally are too big and its a pain to clean internal filters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny