• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Female or Male not sure

firfy

is it a boy or girl, the person I got s/he from said it was male, but I think its a female, by the way this is a blue tegu.
upload_2019-5-8_19-36-36.jpeg
upload_2019-5-8_19-37-2.jpeg

Tizzay89

U can have vet probe or u can feel for hard lumps near that spot u looking.

Hard lumps Male
No lumps female.

Someone else might look and tell u from your photos but I cannot

firfy

U can have vet probe or u can feel for hard lumps near that spot u looking.

Hard lumps Male
No lumps female.

Someone else might look and tell u from your photos but I cannot
Ok, thanks, do you think I need better photos?

Tizzay89

Ok, thanks, do you think I need better photos?

Nope I just cant tell by photos. There are some ppl on here who own multiple tegus and have done this hobby for years. I'm sure they can go by photo. It seems chill enough to let u feel around there though. U dont have to press very hard and basically the older they get the easier it is to see or feel. U can go by raised scales near that area to.

firfy

Nope I just cant tell by photos. There are some ppl on here who own multiple tegus and have done this hobby for years. I'm sure they can go by photo. It seems chill enough to let u feel around there though. U dont have to press very hard and basically the older they get the easier it is to see or feel. U can go by raised scales near that area to.
Ok, thanks for the help

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Top shot's not bad but needs better spread retake with it bent outwards to camera more.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The vent looks pinched forward. Need a flatter aspect.

firfy

upload_2019-5-9_19-5-8.jpeg

Thats the flattest I could get, do you think I can maybe find a better way of holding him/her?

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-9_19-5-33.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-9_19-5-33.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tired of staring at tegu anus's and still not having a frecking clue......hahaha:D:D

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cluster of enlarged scale along and below both edges of the cloaca. Used as muscle anchors for hemipenal eversion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam