• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding raw ground turkey?

Tux

5 Year Member
A) Tegus don't eat cooked meat naturally and are perfectly designed to digest raw. B)cooking destroys some nutrients.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Yeah those are some. Some people try and argue that feeding raw puts your Tegu at risk of getting sick.

Tux

5 Year Member
Some people still believe the world is flat. These people you see are what we call morons, the ill informed and the illogical. If feeding raw made tegus sick tegus would be extinct long ago and if they were to try and argue about weakened immune systems I would point them to pretty much every tegu owner whom is on this site.

You don't cook a mouse before you feed a snake and you don't cook the turkey before you feed a tegu.

Golddrakken

5 Year Member
It is also very easy to mix-in supplements, etc. with the ground raw turkey...I form it into golf ball-sized portions and feed him with tongs (less mess). (I have a 39" Argentine B&W male).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Golddrakken said:
It is also very easy to mix-in supplements, etc. with the ground raw turkey...I form it into golf ball-sized portions and feed him with tongs (less mess).
Very good point. I mix in cod liver oil, calcium & vitamins; in a gallon freezer bag, squashed flat and frozen. I serve on a paper plate on the kitchen floor. They get the stuff everywhere!!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My Tegu's staple diet has been (raw) ground turkey & one egg yolk with supplements mixed in...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You should feed him rodents once or twice a week. All the nutrition they need is in the rodent. Turkey is just protein. Don't forget to mix in a little cod liver oil and calcium powder.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Yeah I just like to make sure that what I am saying is right. I've notice that people tent to ignore the evidence and go with personal opinion on issues like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam