• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fatty and Easy to Digest?

Marlene

5 Year Member
My monitor just got over a roundworm infestation and I need something easy to digest and fatty to get her weight back! She's a very picky eater and HATES phoenix worms, which is what I typically use with sick/recovering reptiles. I'd also like it to be fairly healthy at the same time. I don't want to feed her a pinky/fuzzy because of all of the hair and bones, nor would I give her any meal worms due to the calcium:phosphorous ratio and the chitin levels. I really don't know much about wax worms, and I don't know of any place that sells night crawlers out here. Maji didn't seem to show much interest in crickets the last time I offered them to her, and our roaches are still too small for her to even consider looking at them. So, what else is there that she may like to eat? She does like wax worms and meal worms, but I wont feed her meal worms, and I don't know much about wax worms, so info on them would be good too!

DMBizeau

bones in pinkies are almost non existent and they are super high in fat. I would give him a couple pinkies and see how he does.

Marlene

5 Year Member
Thank you very much! I'm on my way to the pet store right now with a nice shopping list for all of my animals!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam