• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Facepalm

Teguzilla

5 Year Member
Well, while I was at a family reunion, a girl, who was about 18 or 19 years old if I do recall, came and I noticed she had a small critter keeper with her. To my surprise, there was a juvenile leopard gecko in it.....and it gets worse. The poor little fella was on sand that was a light blue color and you guys won't believe what he had as food...a strawberry. What pissed me off even more was that it was at least 95 degrees outside and I'm pretty sure the little fella was baking in the critter keeper despite being in the shade.

The girl began talking about how she cared for him...She said he stayed in a 5 gallon cage on sand...with no heat. She claimed she was going to upgrade him into a larger terrarium once he got bigger but with the care she's giving him, I doubt he'll even be healthy.

It really urks the heck out of me when people buy reptiles and don't research their care before they buy them.....

Teguzilla

5 Year Member
Logie_Bear said:
Did you try and tell her what proper husbandry would be/ would she even listen?

Yep. And she gave the "don't tell me what to do, it's my pet and you don't know what you're talking about" reply -____-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602