1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Enough UVB/Calcium? Need Answers

Discussion in 'Extreme Giant (Chaco White Giant) Tegu Discussion' started by Jack Curry, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jack Curry

Jack Curry New Member

Hello, I was wondering if my Tegu was reviving enough UVB and calcium to keep his bones healthy. I have a 100 W basking lamp that has UVB in it but not all that much (if that makes sence). I dust his food in Calcium and feed him raw eggs with every meal. I've had his since February and he seems to be really good. No signs of bone disease or sickness related to low Calcium. I am also on the works of building him a nice sized cage (6x2x2) and am going to put a 10" UVB light strip in there. Any answers are appreciated.
  2. beantickler

beantickler Active Member

the more uv the better... he is definitely getting enough calcium but now he needs uv or direct sunlight to process it.
    Walter1 likes this.
  3. Jack Curry

Jack Curry New Member

Thank you
  4. Guman

Guman Active Member

Either feed whole pray or ground whole pray!! I am dealing with a fuy who has MBD due to a diet much like yours.
  5. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

If at all possible increase the size of the enclosure that you will be building. I cannot say that 8' is better than 6', but it's better.