• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dwarf Boas

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Hey guys just wanted to share these with you guys. I have already posted on of these snake before. But I got one of her sisters back last night. And oh man she is cool. She is in the blue phase of shedding at the moment. But I had to post some pics. I will update as soon as she sheds. Now I gotta find a male.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of male to breed them too. I don't know the local . So I have decided if I have to cross them so be it. I been thinking Hogg Cross would be cool. These girls will be tiny so. I can't go with something too big. I don't think so anyway. I really don't know. If anyone has any advice I would be glad to hear it. They are only yearlings so I have time to figure out something.
snakes010.jpg

snakes006-1.jpg

snakes011-2.jpg

snakes026.jpg

snakes025-1.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks if I should decide to let them go I'll let you know. I have really enjoyed these 2. I can't wait till they are old enough to breed or big enough which ever. LOL I haven't seen any anywhere that look like these girls. On another forum people are saying they aren't what I say they are. But I know better so piss on them. Here is a comparison pic . The Dwarf is 2 months older than the Guyana in the pic.
snakeseating032.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks Bobby I can't wait till she sheds. Her and the other one are my pride and joy. Along with my Centrals I hope to bred F2s from.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
my boa went cloudy over its eyes for almost a week and didnt move around at all cuz it couldnt see, then it went back clear over its eyes and can see again for four days now, with my other snake, it would go back clear for three days tops before it would shed, is this normal? Im getting concerned.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
nevermind!!! when i got off the computer he had just shed! Im happy, it means hes growing an his colors are amaizing right after. I gave him a bath right before i got on to help him out with it, and right when i got off about an hour later he had done it!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Harveysherps said:
I've wanted a Suriname, very similar to the Guyanan. Love those tails!!
I got a bunch of them in by trading rats for them. I sold all I had. Now I wish I had kept them. Oh well I guess. I like the Surinams too. I would like to have an Adult Guyana female and a Surinam male. I get alot of neat snakes by trading rats for them. Most all the breeders in my area are all broke now. So looks like my trading days are over. LOL The last one I dealt with skipped town owing me $400 . But as I always say what comes around goes around.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
nevermind!!! when i got off the computer he had just shed! Im happy, it means hes growing an his colors are amaizing right after. I gave him a bath right before i got on to help him out with it, and right when i got off about an hour later he had done it!
Have you posted any pics of your snake. I'd like to see what it looks like. Post it on this thread if you like. Or let me know which thread is yours. Boas are my favorite.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
It must take quite a few rats to get a Suri!! They aren't cheap!
I get $1 ea. as long as a person takes 100. If I have 100 adults they are $100. Most times they are mixed lot of small medium and large. It's hard to come up with 100 adults at one time regularly unless you raise several hundred. I normally only keep 100 breeders at the most now. Not enough business to justify it. Any way the ratio is usually 50 good size small 25 medium and 25 large.
The guy I got the snakes from let me have them for $75 ea. So it took 75 small rats. To get each one. I got 5 of them so 375 rats for the 5 Guyanas. I did the same thing to get these Dwarf's beleive it or not. I gave the same price for them too. Now tell me I didn't get a deal. But so did he as far as I see it. Especially since 7 out of 9 Dwarfs died within 2 weeks of me getting them. Needless to say dude turned out to be a scum bagg and left town owing me money. Some lessons you learn the hard way. LOL

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Thats terrible, that that many would die, just rest assured that all the rats you gave him for them are dead now too.

And heres my guy (its a crappy camera)

hes about 6months old and 2feet 2"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980