• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dumerils monitor

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i was thinking of replacing my chameleon with one of these since the on i had died as soon as i got it home.i can get a new one from the person i got it from i have a feeling that it will just die again.i have an arboreal cage i wanna put it in since i heard they were climbers.but i wanna know how there temperment is.i dont wanna get a reptiles i can touch.especially one that gets 4 feet.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are nervous monitors, can be tamed down with time and lots of patience. Don't be surprised if you are left with "empty cage syndrome" though.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah "empty cage syndrome". Alot of monitors are shy and won't come out of hiding when you are in sight.

Check out varanus.nl for alot of good varanid info.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ahh ok.yeah iv experienced that before with a lot of lizards.my blue tongue never comes out...i get her out and feed her and hold her fora while tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602