• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Down for six months

Kaiju Prince

Alright so this is Kai’s second time down for the winter, last winter he would come up occasionally to drink and bask but this year I haven’t seen him at all. He went down mid October same as last year but he was starting to wake up by mid March last year and he’s still down. I’ve started to gradually raise temps and his humidity to maybe entice him to drink water but still nothing. Should I be worried? Is it normal for them to be down for longer than six months?

Temps are currently at 80 and 100 in the basking. Humidity is 80-90 after bidaily misting and 70-65 in between. Currently I have his basking light on for 8hours a day and I will gradually increase time as the months proceed to a full 12. I live in Southern California and ambient temps are also starting to rise.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Six months is long enough. Increase daylength and make sure the basking temp is 110-115f. mid-80sf ambient, and gide in mid to upper 70sf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602