1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Doing My Research...

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Cherie Grulich, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Cherie Grulich

Cherie Grulich New Member

Good afternoon! I have joined this forum in an effort to educate myself thoroughly on the care and keeping of tegus before taking the plunge into purchasing one. I live on the east coast of Florida, and have been dping quite a bit of research into these fascinating lizards, as we have a flourishing invasive population in south Florida. I already have a small zoo of other scaly beasts, including two bearded dragons, a veiled chameleon, a leopard gecko, a Cuban knight anole (wild-caught from South Flordia!), a white-eyed (or muddy-eyed) crocodile skink, and a ball python. I feel I am just ready for something bigger (literally). In my research, I have found high recommendations for the tegu, and have seen enough videos from keepers to see that positive experiences with these intelligent giants are most common. I hope to learn a great deal before inevitably obtaining my next companion, and cannot wait to learn from everyone's experiences!
    Walter1 likes this.
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Welcome!
  3. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

hi,welcome and good luck..... I will look forward to hearing more