1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

DJANGO

Discussion in 'Tegu Cross-breed Discussion' started by iraw50, Nov 13, 2013.

1. iraw50

iraw50 New Member

hello everyone just thought i would post an update on the progress that i am having trying to train my new daddy Ira. Well, today i've been in my new home a little over two weeks(i heard him tell a friend of his>>>. so when he got home i kind of acted like. i didn't see him, so i didn't want to make it toooo easy on him so i made him think he tricked me, and "let" him catch me. we went into this nice warm room, and he put me in the water
    ummmmm that feels so good<so i decided i wanted out so i splashed him a couple of times and he let me climb all over him and then i let him know that i liked himummmm its good to be home.

P.S. thanks to all you other big people out there for letting my new daddy learn how to take care of me, I think i'll keep him...Django:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Walter1 and Josh like this.
  2. iraw50

iraw50 New Member

Well.Django has finally lost it!! he wanted out for the first time today without me coaxing him.when i put my hand in and he started climbing out, i went to pet him, and, he swole up like he thought he was Godzilla or something!! i removed my hand from under him, continued petting him till he calmed down,then i locked the door and sat beside the enclosure. He started throwing mulch around,jumping at his light, standing up on his hind legs, trying to climb the back wall!!i never thought i would see a lizard throw a temper tantrum, but i did today.Now my thought on the matter is "he should not be allowed to touch me if i cannot touch him".Before , it was me initiating the contact, but now he knows i am his way out, and he is coming to me!!ALL suggestions,comments welcome.I think we might be getting across the hump IMG100.jpg IMG103.jpg IMG100.jpg IMG103.jpg
  3. laurarfl

laurarfl Moderator 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Taming is so hard. There is no one way to do it because each animal is different. Getting out of the enclosure is always a nice reward though. ;)
  4. iraw50

iraw50 New Member

Hello every one,Django and I haven't been on here for a while, and honestly, I spent the time that I would have been on here bonding with him.
    We have gotten really close, I am constantly amazed at how intelligent he is! He is now eight months old and is 44 in. long nose to tail. He wears his harness well . We have been outside in my yard and he seems pretty cool with the whole idea his new enclosure is 8x8x3 I am in the process of putting in a waterfall and some sod. one side with his uv will be mulch , the other side with his daylight will be sod and the waterfall, i'll post pics when i'm done ,but here he is at 8 months old;p.s.full size bathtub

Attached Files:

5. iraw50

iraw50 New Member

Hey, everybody , I am 1 year old today,yea me!!

Attached Files:

Walter1, Rebecca Stout and marydd like this.
  6. Ralph DeMayo

Ralph DeMayo Member

yea!!! happy b-day Django! Looking good!
  7. iraw50

iraw50 New Member

2 Years old..52 inches long, Damn my life is good>lol
    Jaredp and Walter1 like this.
  8. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Congrats! He looked great at one year. Great see a pic of him now. Good job.