• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Diarrhea

K Michelle

What causes diarrhea in tegus my boy KANE has the runs and I’m gagging every time I have to clean it! He did it twice yesterday and once this morning but it’s getting back solid I gave him a mice to try and calm it. Did I do the right thing ?giving him a solid food?

Leezard

5 Year Member
What causes diarrhea in tegus my boy KANE has the runs and I’m gagging every time I have to clean it! He did it twice yesterday and once this morning but it’s getting back solid I gave him a mice to try and calm it. Did I do the right thing ?giving him a solid food?
A number of things can cause diarrhea in a tegu, for my gu it's always a new food or something that's liquidy. I've had his diarrhea tested before and my vet has never found anything in it to cause it besides the change in diet. Solid food was a good choice! I generally give my 1 year old a full day to digest after a sizeable mouse .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam