• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Darwin's Tread

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I decided that Darwin needs his own thread now. The last few weeks have been a slow getting to know each other and he has a personality all his own. While Bacardi was a calm lizard Darwin wants to be exploring (think the name is spot on!). Well had the camera out and snapped some shots, hope you enjoy.

First this is Darwin’s home cage:
IMG_6942.jpg

Darwin just before shedding, he likes to lounge on my arm:
IMG_6944.jpg

Pool time, I wish I could get a bigger pool for him, right now it will have to do. Every other morning he gets a full swim in the bath tub:
IMG_6954.jpg

Shoulder and tongue shot:
IMG_6992.jpg

This is one of my favorites, Darwin likes to climb up high or over anything he can. This day he decided to make it all the way to the top… of my head. I like to think he was screaming I made it! Truth is he fell asleep and this was what happen when I woke him up.
IMG_7002.jpg

No eating shots because the bugger is a shy eater. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got a blue and a caiman love them both so much. He's got a great personality and can't wait to get him outside more often.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Got a new camera and took it for a spin. Darwin is doing great. He is really starting to come out of his shell. Got him eating more things and more often. Getting him use to the harness and he doesn't seem to mind. He is getting very use to the dogs, not so use to Bosco yet. So far he seems healthy and happy. Will be taking the reptiles to the vet just before Bosco goes down for hibernation (if he does this year).

Here is Darwin basking in some natural sunlight. The white stuff on his mouth is because he just ate.
[attachment=5293]

Attachments

• P9230391.JPG
    P9230391.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Steven.

chelvis said:
Got a new camera and took it for a spin. Darwin is doing great. He is really starting to come out of his shell. Got him eating more things and more often. Getting him use to the harness and he doesn't seem to mind. He is getting very use to the dogs, not so use to Bosco yet. So far he seems healthy and happy. Will be taking the reptiles to the vet just before Bosco goes down for hibernation (if he does this year).

Here is Darwin basking in some natural sunlight. The white stuff on his mouth is because he just ate.

Ive always found caiman lizards to be one of the most beautiful. With there bright red heads. You did a great job with bacardi and darwin is no exception. I was gonna buy one of these guys instead of my quince at the show. But the guy i was talking to was telling my how they are extremely hard to tame down and get use to everything. You seem to be making him a lier lol. Great job sir with both bosco and darwin.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am San Diegan most of the time, lol. I move alot but this is my home base.

Caiman lizards are like most intelligant large lizards, you got to work with them to get them to calm down. They are not going to hatch out and be friendly with a potential predator until they learn that we don't want to hurt them. Quince monitors are also alot of fun. Which ever you get should be a fun time.

RobK.

chelvis said:
This is one of my favorites, Darwin likes to climb up high or over anything he can. This day he decided to make it all the way to the top… of my head. I like to think he was screaming I made it! Truth is he fell asleep and this was what happen when I woke him up.
IMG_7002.jpg

very cool , love that shot !! LOL

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Love this shot he says I'm king of the world

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

chelvis said:
So I decided that Darwin needs his own thread now. The last few weeks have been a slow getting to know each other and he has a personality all his own. While Bacardi was a calm lizard Darwin wants to be exploring (think the name is spot on!). Well had the camera out and snapped some shots, hope you enjoy.

First this is Darwin’s home cage:
IMG_6942.jpg

Darwin just before shedding, he likes to lounge on my arm:
IMG_6944.jpg

Pool time, I wish I could get a bigger pool for him, right now it will have to do. Every other morning he gets a full swim in the bath tub:
IMG_6954.jpg

Shoulder and tongue shot:
IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_7002.jpg

I'm king of the world

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So this last month Darwin has been getting treated for intestinal worms. I noticed he was not eating well and the temps were high and humidity was high so I thought off to the vet. I had done a fecal on him back in July when I got him and it was clean. Well the new one showed that he had a full load. A month of Panacur and what a change. He is an eating machine, even more so then he first arrived, his personality also improved (could also be from the forced handling needed to give him the meds).

Anyway, now he is gaining weight and the growth is hitting right on. He is just a tip over the 30" mark at the moment. Here are some new pictures of him and Bosco in the tub today, there is another tread about these two, those are from a few weeks back.

As a side note, Bosco was also being treated just in case because the two have been sharing a bath tub from time to time. SO far both fecals have now come back clean, still got two more rounds before I call it safe.

PC030014.jpg

PC030022.jpg

PC030035.jpg

PC030041.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced