• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Custom Enclosure Question

Lee1123

I'm going to be adopting a juvenile b/w tegu in the next few days. I'm told it's currently small enough to be transported in a cat carrier. I have a 90 gallon tank that he'll be in for the time beibg, but want to go ahead and start planning his custom enclosure. But there is one slight catch.

I'm currently renting a house (they're fine with my zoo) so it needs to be something that can be broken down and reassembled elsewhere when I eventually move. Doesn't have to be an easy process, just a possible one.
Any suggestions or links to existing relevant threads would be greatly appreciated!

Dragon392

This was a question I had, too! I don’t want to have to destroy and rebuild an enclosure just to move.

I haven’t gotten mine yet, so keep that in mind. Animal Plastics T100 was the recommendation I got. You customize and order it, they make the pieces, and send you the kit to assemble. As long as you don’t silicone it or anything, it should be able to be broken back down.

Lee1123

Thanks, I'll totally check them out! My girl (at least I'm pretty sure she's female) is still pretty small, so at least got a good year or longer before she needs a custom enclosure.

Dragon392

Yeah, sounds like you’ve got time! You can always call them and ask questions, too. They’re super easy to work with, and answered all questions I had. Keep in mind their lead time is several months (I ordered last month, and am expecting my cage around July), so if you do go that route, be sure and order ahead of when you’ll need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced