• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Could he just be pushing limits? Is he to young?

Nikki Gregory

Ok so from my last post couple days ago I said my little guy had jumped up and bit me :( but then I got it under control basically. That was 2 days ago. (Read my last post to know everything) Well yesterday was another normal day. He got on my hand as usual. BUT today was the same as the other day! Ugh! He is only about 4 months old so he shouldn’t be in his “teenage phase” yet but could he still be pushing boundaries all of a sudden?

Mich lady

My teenage black and white who I got as a juvenile last june is always huffy puffy if reach into his enclosure. Its his home, his territory. He is protecting it. He tried to bite me once. He was angry because I woke him up. Give yours time. It takes time for them to get used to things.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
4 months is still not a great deal of time to have 100% trust in each others and you will still be both learning about each other and building it.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Nothing about the behavior is unusual - just annoying. Do you reach into him from up above? Tegus instinctually don't like that. You could be a hawk, or some predator. If he isn't sure, he'll just react defensively. When you think about how much a Tegu loves a hide with a low ceiling....it all makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980