• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

conure acting weird

frost

1,000+ Post Club
our conure is acting out of the ordinary.usually it is squawking and hoping from my fiance to me and being energetic. but today he is about to fall asleep and is really lethargic.were a bit worried about him but cant think of anything. we were going to take him to the vet and get him checked out but there all closed. does anyone have any advice?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
update, now hes barely able to cling on to anything, laying on my fiances chest on his stomach.hes not looking good. i think ill be saying goodbye to our bird soon.....

Steven.

Thats sad to hear... I had a sun conure once. Her name was angel.. Best bird i ever had. Climbed on everyones hand and gave kisses.. Sadly, she acted the sameway your bird is, and we found out that she had swallowed a sunflower shell after she died... Hopefully everything works out with your bird.. Best of luck..

frost

1,000+ Post Club
it doesent seem like it has anything stuck in its throat. its been drinking and eating. i dont know whats going on...

new2tegus

Is there anything coming out of his mouth, any substance at all, black almost tar colored? Also was the cage cleaned recently or were any new foods introduced? Does he have free roam or not. I had an eclectus, a male,but lost him in the breakup and not being able to keep him when I moved out. Anything you can think of out of the ordinary, feathers,thinning or plucking.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hey guys thanks for the advice. woke up this morning and he seem alot better.=] were still gonna take him to the vets tho i think. but there wasent any signs of illness that i could see. he did a complete turn around it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi