• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian Black and White Tegu

ShawnB

Hello everyone! As I understand it Colombian Tegus are smaller by nature than the Argentine but I can't find anything to size reference mine to...so I was wondering if for 9 months old give or take my tegu is small...I say give or take because when I bought it I wasn't giving a hatch date only told between 1-3 months. Anyway I would appreciate other owners of Colombian Tegus sharing knowledge and photos of their 9 month olds and any constructive criticism. Attached is the day I got her and today
IMG_20190702_185123_671.jpg

Zyn

Seems small for 9 months but I don’t own a Columbian. At nine months my blue was nearly 3 feet long. The only columbian owner I know of on this forum is AlphaAlpha so hopefully he can contribute

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey....Missed this post some how:D:D.....looks to be growing fine unfortunately I can't really help on age and size as AA was a rescue and I received him at around the same size of your first pic and 6 month later he was the size of your second.

when I first got him in June 2017 he would only eat insects but from this size (second pic) and 2018 he changed to meats, about 5 mice per day or equivalent in pork,chicken,fish and organs which ballooned him to just around the 1m mark at which he is today.

his appetite this year has now dropped off to maybe 3 mice or equivalent 1 to 2 times a week.

pics are from Dec 2017

Attachments

• Doc1-page0001.jpg
    Doc1-page0001.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Skullson

My Argentine Tegu is a 2019 hatchling (I think late Feb/ early March) and is already almost the length of your tegu if that helps. She is in shed but I can try and post a picture soon of her being handled for reference.

Great looking lizard though!

Cheers,

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
pmsl ...... I got confused in the American date system..... We brits do day/month/year...... I wondered why he was using a pic from feb......lol..... maybe a bit small for 9 month.:p:p:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602