• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chicken livers and fruit salad. It's what's for dinner.

Amy Broxham

Louie is a pig. I had to start feeding him every day. He was eating bark from his cage on the off days and pooping it out the next day. On off days he gets less than half of this amount of food. Even though I call him Fat Louie, I don't want him to get fat. He's growing like a weed, and has shed 3 times since waking up in April. I hope I'm doing this right!

Attachments

• 20190617_180824.jpg
    20190617_180824.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about him getting fat, he looks like hes still a juvenile and they grow like weeds.... That does look like a lot of fruit though, maybe cut some of the fruit out for extra meat.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Agree with Alpha - he's looking healthy but I think that looks like too much fruit. Shedding is good - and a sign of good health. I think Fat Louie is doing well to shed 3 times in 2 months. Mine did the same. I gave mine thawed rodents (he looks like he could handle fuzzies already) as soon as they would take them. Also, don't forget about the calcium and vitamin supplements.

The only time I saw mine eating bark was when some piece of food had gotten dried and stuck after eating time was over. They scavenge around, smell it, and eat it when there's nothing else. I'm trying a large flat stone for the feeding area to see if it will clean that up a little. Seems to be working. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam