• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chicken feet

VenusAndSaturn

I feed my tegu ground chicken feet all the time. Other than ground sardines it's her favorite out of the other grounded up foods I give her.

Never tried whole chicken feet though but I assume as long as it's not too big the tegu could probably eat it easily.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed my tegu ground chicken feet all the time. Other than ground sardines it's her favorite out of the other grounded up foods I give her.

Never tried whole chicken feet though but I assume as long as it's not too big the tegu could probably eat it easily.
Where do you get ground chicken feet?

Zyn

Underground reptiles has a video where he does but they didn’t seem to like them

dpjm

5 Year Member
It's a pretty good food for tegus. It has just over a 1:1 calcium phosphorus ratio, so add some calcium supplement.

Guman

My Rags likes the ground chicken feet. However, he will not eat the feet on the whole chicks.

onnie0047

Well if mine wont eat em, I will. I took my brother and sister in law out to a restaurant that was serving them, I purposely got a big plate of them and ate them while staring at my brother...he has never been back to dinner with me.... lol

Guman

Well if mine wont eat em, I will. I took my brother and sister in law out to a restaurant that was serving them, I purposely got a big plate of them and ate them while staring at my brother...he has never been back to dinner with me.... lol
Lol, you would have to fight the water dragons for the extra feet here. However, you will not be fighting me!

onnie0047

You just don't know what your missing lol. Ill see them again in the store and when I do,,,,I going to have to give them to the Tegus and see what they think!

Last edited:

VenusAndSaturn

In a few more months I'm pretty sure I'll be able to give Oreo whole chicken feet rather than ground. She's still a bit too small to handle whole chicken feet right now though. Although maybe she could handle cut up chunks of it... When I'm preparing everyone's meals later I'll have to cut up some chicken feet for her and try it.

VA farmer

my Male loves chicken feet but, the female won’t eat them. I normally cut off a couple toes on the chicken feet to make it easier for him to swallow.

VA farmer

He’ll eat chicken necks also. Both are cheap but, I only give it to him as treats. I wouldn’t give it on a daily basis. Once a week is fine

beardeddragon111

My adult male will eat whole chicken feet, but then again he eats anything I offer him even if that would be a clump of dirt. Hell also take drumsticks and chicken/turkey necks, though I do have to cut up the turkey necks.

VA farmer

I know what you mean. My tegu stole my damn taco from taco bell one time lol. They well eat anything you give them or accidentally leave out for them to steal...I have a video of daughter sharing her Cheetos with him one time. She would eat one then, give him one. Every time I caught her I told her not to do it. Next week they’re eating Doritos together lol..

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My adult male will eat whole chicken feet, but then again he eats anything I offer him even if that would be a clump of dirt. Hell also take drumsticks and chicken/turkey necks, though I do have to cut up the turkey necks.

Does he tear the meat off the drumstick or is he big enough to eat them whole???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980