• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Checking on my roaches and found some weird cylinder object.

Neeko

Not sure what it is, it was chambered i think and i've seen one come out of my roaches behinde before. its not waste i dont think.

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

adam1120

that will be a egg sack. you lost out on some babys they dropped them when they are stress or the temps are to hott or cold i think. happened to me bu tnot nomore since i seprated my feeders from my breeders so i wont bother them nomore. and i got hundreds of new babys since doin.

Neeko

I use a small underheat pad It stay fairly warm in there i feed them 50/50 cat food and oats with oranges. Room is about 75-80 on average.

adam1120

I don't feed cat food I read somewhere they can die off from cat food too.much protein I think and everything sounds good do u bother them alot? The breeders.

jtpowers

Fruit, if you remove it after about a day, is great for dubias; they have a bit of a sweet tooth. Oranges make 'em happy. Dog food is a little lower protein and often produces more consistent survival rates.

And, I have to say it again, Neeko. I envy your dubias. Folks here in FL who have them guard their secret like an illegal moonshine still, since FL doesn't allow them. I won't quibble with the reasons, but even if they were to become yet another established invasive here, they sure as heck would be preferable to our already obnoxious natives that climb, stink, fly, and infest.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've wondered what the cylinder thing is. Roaches do need a protein source, so I feed mine bearded dragon pellets. I tried cat food and they wouldn't eat it. I think it was too much. I know in tjhe winter, orange slices are a big hit!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam