• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chameleon help! anyone?

nessanicolle

[attachment=5889]Hello everyone!
Yesterday I got a 6 ish month old Jackson's Chameleon and he's doing fine!
Just one question to anyone who knows anything about Chameleons..
I know they arent really supposed to be handled very often but say I wanted to take him out for a little bit, would it be okay to hang a few ropes up in the corner of my room and let him hang out there for a while just as a perch sort of thing? kinda like some people do with iguana's?

Any info or advice would be much appreciated!
thanks, vanessa.

Attachments

• WP_003702.jpg
    WP_003702.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 5

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That should be fine. I use to just put my panther chameleon on my shoulder while I'd clean out his cage and he'd just climb all over me with no problems. That was the only "handling" I did.

the_cw

Jacksons do like cooler temps(like all Montane species). So long as they have sufficient humidity provided when they're on the rope area, that ought to be fine. :)

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Be careful when handling it. You have to let them walk off the branch on to you because if you just pulled them off, you may damage their feet and claws. Also, watch the tail; chameleons rely on their tails to help them climb and do not regenerate them. My family had a veiled chameleon named Freddie who lived to be 12. She was pretty smart but mean as hell; you could hear her hiss through the entire second floor of the house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602