• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan tegu size

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Too many variables can make an impact other than just "not hibernating"....as well as the fact that just about any merianae tegu can be called a Chacoan can really put a lot more variability into the issue.

SamBobCat

Alright. Well then let's say a steady but varied diet of fish, veggies, and ground meats, and the growth rate of an Argentine black and white without hibernation?

SamBobCat

I don't think this has anything to do with reptiles and their growth. I asked a question about growth, not a question for a quiz.

TheTeguGurl

Agreed above. And please remember all tegus grow at different rates. And a tegu that doesnt hibernate yes will grow faster then a tegu that does hibernate.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Basically, the other posters have given you something of the answer I was hoping you'd glean from what I asked - ie. it is impossible to say without far, far, far more information than what was given, and even then there'd be far too much variability to predict. What were the size of the parents? What is the temperature regime? Will the animal get exercise? Is it fed twice a week or twice a day? Will the tegu be stressed? Will it be properly hydrated? Will a naturally variable photoperiod be implemented or will it be constant? What geographic original stock does this tegu come from? Was the tegu a mini, midi, or maxi to begin with? All these play important roles in determining a tegu's growth, and yet even if you could answer all these, at best we'd still be guessing. When you see something like "an average size at X months age is Y", it doesn't mean anything: an average is just an average, it doesn't represent what the growth should be, it may not even represent healthy growth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980