• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan/Blue cross adult pics????

snibborsirk

any of you out there have pics of adult Chacoan B&W/Blue tegu crosses? I've seen a number of hatchling pics from underground and a few other breeders, but I've yet to see adult pics. I'm sure they'll turn out amazing but I'd love to see some adult pics especially since I'm hoping to breed the Chacoan/blue crosses myself...fingers crossed!

N8bub

Here's my boy boudreaux
20151228_202750.jpg

N8bub

He's just chilling on the wife's lap,, couldn't be more pleased. Got him from Hector at hectorshabitat.com, he's got piles of pics of adult blue crosses, his daddy is omega,hectors stud male. I also have more pictures of boudreaux in his own thread in the tegu cross breed section of this forum (here comes scaly boo boo) Good luck with your future crosses.

Last edited:

snibborsirk

N8bub, thanks for the pic! I'll def check out Boudreauxs thread and hectors habitat. Just curious...hold old and how big is Boudreaux? How's his temperament? Curious to see how the hybrids turn out. I'm excited to breed tegus but as an enthusiast and animal lover I know I'm going to have trouble selling the hatchlings...I do have an 1800 sq ft crawl space just begging for a tegu population to thrive!!! Maybe I'll get a handful of reds, blues, and Chacoans/B&Ws and see what happens!

N8bub

Man its odd getting quick responses on this forum:). Boo Boo will be 2 yrs old on July 7, he's just under 4 ft . I've had him since he was the size of a sharpie and he's a complete lover, just a little bit adventurous ( think that's the blue side coming out) I don't think he'll get much longer, maybe 4 or 5 inches. But I do believe he will put on a few pounds, bet by the time it's all said and done, 12 lbs? If he was a straight chacoan I think he'd be a little heavier.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Argies are holding well on price and should. Show pics of the parents, and hatchlings'll sell well.

snibborsirk

Guess I should clarify... I'll have trouble selling hatchlings because I'll want to keep them all rather than risk sending them to someone who may not take proper care of them. In the past I've experienced the retail side of the reptile trade all to well so I'm a little reluctant. Well damn... I want to breed tegus but I'm talking myself out of it as I respond! Guess I need to do some thinking on this!

snibborsirk

I'm sure Boudreaux will def put on a few pounds just like the rest of us manly men! Is he developing the jowls of a B&W or a blue? I love the big jowls on a male tegu. Don't the blues tend to not develop the large jowls?...at least that's what I've noticed from all the adult male blue pics I've seen. Although I must say from experience that male Chacoans seem to not develop the large jowls as well - you guys witnessed anything different???

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Interesting about the jowls. I've seen only few blues, never large enough to yet have big jowls if male, so I don't know. If crossed, then who knows what'll happen.

I know exactly the feeling of producing herps with the concern for their welfare. Seems to me the options are to either sell individually at high price or wholesale the clutch. Either way, adding something nice to the pet gene pool. In the first case you call all the shots.

snibborsirk

N8bub, got my blue/Chacoan cross female yesterday finally! She's 75% blue, 25% Chacoan B&W. Def a handful so far as she doesn't seem to have had much human interaction at all. Hoping she'll calm down considerably with time and handling. Her name is Dash - my 5 yr old daughter wanted to name her Rainbow Dash after her favorite My Little Pony - the Rainbow had to go! Figured Dash is fitting too since she is 75% blue and on the flighty side!
Dash.jpeg

N8bub

She's gorgeous man, happy for you! Who produced her ? Anyway lot of nice blue all ready, looks pretty young still, is she a 2015? She should pair nicely with the male you saved, I like the boldness of the markings on him even though he isn't as white as the other.

snibborsirk

I'm thinking she came from hector (hectors habitat). Got her from a guy that got her from a guy!!!... Was told she was purchased from a Florida breeder and is 75/25 blue Chacoan. She def resembles a blue so I'm feeling good on the 75/25 cross. I don't know of anyone else other than hector producing them. Talked to underground and they didn't seem to think she was one of their 50/50 crosses based on her pics.

Def had a hard time deciding which male to sell. Decision came down to 2 things really. 1 - I like the bulkier/thicker build of the Chacoan to pair with the blue cross. The more white Florida tegu was awesome but they have the more slender almost blue like build. Kinda wanted the variance in build rather than the Florida and blue cross def producing all slender offspring. 2 - the Chacoan (Jack) is kinda my buddy! He's as cool and calm as they come and he'll eat basically anything. The Florida tegu was a little more shy and picky eater.

Daniel medranodiaz

These are some of hector's crosses bluexblue cross

Attachments

• received_472118632971170.jpeg
    received_472118632971170.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 121
  • FB_IMG_1451965322909.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451965322909.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 128
  • FB_IMG_1451965330949.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451965330949.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 128