1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot afford to commit don’t buy Tegu

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Iron Soldier91, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Iron Soldier91

Iron Soldier91 Member

Tegu is a wonderful and great pet but unpredictable life Tegu is the first to go. Sometimes people make excuses to justify getting rid of their Tegu. Please don’t buy if you cannot commit regardless of life change. If your kid bought Tegu., you also own it. Goodluck
    Walter1 and Gormagon like this.
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

True.
  3. Gormagon

Gormagon New Member

I agree, to many times people just don't think long term and, wind up rehoming (reptiles especially it seems) because they get in the way of college or, other life changes. Well, I for one am a believer that once you buy it, it is your responsibility to see it through no matter what. These animals depend on you for their every need and, they also bond with you.
  4. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Random but agree
    Gormagon likes this.
  5. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Gor, I'm with ypur sentiment, but sometimes animals in our care are no longer served well with us for reasons BEYOND us. If so, then we ought to do our best to do right by them. So, don't get a tegu if you're not serious. If you're serious and issues beyond you arise, do your best to do right by a fellow living creature. My thoughts.
    Gormagon likes this.