• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can Anyone Tell What Gender This Tegu Is?

Wild Island Exotics

I rescued 2 B&W Argentine Tegus from someone and they claimed this was a Male. He was with the other Tegu that was claimed to be a Female, but after putting them in enclosures by themselves the one that he claimed was a Male started building a nest and becoming aggressive around the nest. He built the nest around 8 days ago.

Attachments

• tegu1.jpg
    tegu1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • tegu2.jpg
    tegu2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • tegu3.jpg
    tegu3.jpg
  • tegu4.jpg
    tegu4.jpg
  • tegu5.jpg
    tegu5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • tegu6.jpg
    tegu6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • tegu7.jpg
    tegu7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
She looks like a female to me, unless she's much smaller than the pics reveal - in which case I would say undetermined. They will develop obvious jowl growth between 7-9 months if it's a male. And - burrowing isn't necessarily nesting. If they're new to you, they'll hide for several or many days. Aren't all those pics the same animal?

I'm going with female.

Dylan koch

If its old enough you can usually feel sides of tails for bbs or not bbs mean male none female but if old enough to show near maturity

Dylan koch

I've be scammed on 2 occasions of being told genders of pairs n got each pair same sex.. now looking to rehome 1of 2 red tegus which has had issues with prolapse and willing to give it away if someone can float her vet bills. I've been dealing with issue ever couple months n just having to do warm baths n gently put back in

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980