• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

calling all snake keepers.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i would like to see what members on here are snakes keepers on here so i could see who to talk to about various questions that pop up from me or other members. and just have some fun conversations about the snakes we keep. if you keep snakes or just have some knowledge about them put up a post or two so i can see who you are.=]

xocrieox

frost said:
i would like to see what members on here are snakes keepers on here so i could see who to talk to about various questions that pop up from me or other members. and just have some fun conversations about the snakes we keep. if you keep snakes or just have some knowledge about them put up a post or two so i can see who you are.=]

i think there is alot of snake keepers on here

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wish I had owned a snake forum. I have a Hogg island boa that's about a year and a half old

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ive kept boa constrictors, amazon tree boas, emerald tree boas, carpet pythons, green tree pythons and corn snakes.

assassin.jpg

i love this snake she is still a baby though

Orion

5 Year Member
I have 2 Burms, one is an albino. 3 Ball Pythons. And one Boa. I have kept Retics in the past, the longest one was over 21 feet.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've been keeping snakes all my life. At one time or another I've owned the following species(some for years, others just a week or two before releasing back from where I got them - sometimes even sooner if I couldn't find something they'd eat): red rat, black rat, yellow rat, grey rat, everglades rat, mandarin rat, scarlet king, scarlet snake, sinaloan milk, eastern hognose, rough green snake, green water snake, western hognose, crowned snake, black racer, coachwhip, brooks king, eastern king, california king, yellow anaconda, green anaconda, solomon island boa, rosy boa, red tail boa(BCI & BCC), brazilian rainbow boa, burmese python, jungle carpet python, ball python, mexican black king, papuan python, bull snake, madagascar tree boa..

I might have missed one or two but I'd feel pretty confident offering advice on most of the above species though, I have to admit, quite a few where when I was younger and captive husbandry wasn't what it is now.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I currently have a kingsnake and a sand boa, but over the past 20 years I've kept over a half dozen. I have experience with corns, rosy boas, boa constrictors, ball pythons, gopher snakes, burms, and I even had the chance to work with a green anaconda.

i have kept corn snakes ball python black racer and a milk snake in the past but my blood python is my favorite snake ive kept

o yeah and an attempted copperhead we let him go

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha yeah i know about u riplee. that black blood looks awesome! i would like to get a blood python the only thing that is stopping me is their nasty rep. but all the videos and forums i look at say its not true. wow i didnt know you guys had that much experience. the snakes i have now are two atbs 8 ball pythons and a bredli carpet. o and my burmese. as soon as myburmese gets bigger im moving him into a cage and putting my carpet into the rack. but for now she is too small and im worried about her getting out.

frost said:
haha yeah i know about u riplee. that black blood looks awesome! i would like to get a blood python the only thing that is stopping me is their nasty rep. but all the videos and forums i look at say its not true. wow i didnt know you guys had that much experience. the snakes i have now are two atbs 8 ball pythons and a bredli carpet. o and my burmese. as soon as myburmese gets bigger im moving him into a cage and putting my carpet into the rack. but for now she is too small and im worried about her getting out.

i dont see why blood pythons get that rep ive held like 5 blood pythons and none were mean and ive seen more mean ball pythons and corn snakes then blood pythons

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i havent held any blood pythons but have hald quite a few mean ball pythons. my one spider ball tried taking my face off a few times.

Hybrid

I have two mutts bought on an impulse buy lol. both are corn snake sonoran gopher snake hybrids both het for corn amel. I plan on breeding them next year. they hatched in 2010 and are already 39"! I bet the amel hatchlings are gonna have some pretty sick orange. I have some friends and family who are in the market of a pet only snake so I plan on selling most hatchlings cheap to them. Ill keep an albino maybe. I do want to get into pure and locality snakes though. I really want to get Inca phase Andean Milks and some locality of Bull snake, maybe Hwy 277 aka the Monster Bulls. Don't hate me for this, but If I do get the bulls and Andeans, I plan on creating a hybrid between and Adean milk and a bull. I have yet to find a good enough argument against hybridization to discourage me from it.

turtlepunk

yup I LOVE snakes =) had to re-home some of them though =( I currently keep a carpet python, 2 columbian red tail boas, an albino burm, 2 ball pythons and a brazilian rainbow boa. love em all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced