1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

calling all snake keepers.

Discussion in 'Snake Discussion' started by frost, Apr 6, 2012.

1. frost

frost Active Member 1,000+ Post Club

i would like to see what members on here are snakes keepers on here so i could see who to talk to about various questions that pop up from me or other members. and just have some fun conversations about the snakes we keep. if you keep snakes or just have some knowledge about them put up a post or two so i can see who you are.=]
  2. xocrieox

xocrieox Member

i think there is alot of snake keepers on here
  3. frost

i know, i want to find them =)
  4. Josh

Josh Administrator Staff Member 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I wish I had owned a snake forum. I have a Hogg island boa that's about a year and a half old
  5. Bubblz Calhoun

Bubblz Calhoun Moderator 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Yes sir,.. Bps for now although I do want a Blood python. But I think that's as far as I'll go size wise for snakes.
  6. monstruo-the-tegu

monstruo-the-tegu Member

i have a black blood python now supposedly they are all mean but they arent this snake likes being held and everything i will post a pic of
  7. james.w

james.w Active Member 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Ive kept boa constrictors, amazon tree boas, emerald tree boas, carpet pythons, green tree pythons and corn snakes.
  8. monstruo-the-tegu

monstruo-the-tegu Member

[​IMG][hr]
    i love this snake she is still a baby though
  9. Orion

Orion Member 5 Year Member

I have 2 Burms, one is an albino. 3 Ball Pythons. And one Boa. I have kept Retics in the past, the longest one was over 21 feet.
  10. JohnMatthew

JohnMatthew Active Member 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I've been keeping snakes all my life. At one time or another I've owned the following species(some for years, others just a week or two before releasing back from where I got them - sometimes even sooner if I couldn't find something they'd eat): red rat, black rat, yellow rat, grey rat, everglades rat, mandarin rat, scarlet king, scarlet snake, sinaloan milk, eastern hognose, rough green snake, green water snake, western hognose, crowned snake, black racer, coachwhip, brooks king, eastern king, california king, yellow anaconda, green anaconda, solomon island boa, rosy boa, red tail boa(BCI & BCC), brazilian rainbow boa, burmese python, jungle carpet python, ball python, mexican black king, papuan python, bull snake, madagascar tree boa..

I might have missed one or two but I'd feel pretty confident offering advice on most of the above species though, I have to admit, quite a few where when I was younger and captive husbandry wasn't what it is now.
  11. dragonmetalhead

dragonmetalhead Active Member 1,000+ Post Club

I currently have a kingsnake and a sand boa, but over the past 20 years I've kept over a half dozen. I have experience with corns, rosy boas, boa constrictors, ball pythons, gopher snakes, burms, and I even had the chance to work with a green anaconda.
  12. monstruo-the-tegu

monstruo-the-tegu Member

i have kept corn snakes ball python black racer and a milk snake in the past but my blood python is my favorite snake ive kept [hr]
    o yeah and an attempted copperhead we let him go
  13. Riplee

Riplee Member 5 Year Member

You knew I am a snake keeper...lol
    ball pythons and boas...
  14. frost

haha yeah i know about u riplee. that black blood looks awesome! i would like to get a blood python the only thing that is stopping me is their nasty rep. but all the videos and forums i look at say its not true. wow i didnt know you guys had that much experience. the snakes i have now are two atbs 8 ball pythons and a bredli carpet. o and my burmese. as soon as myburmese gets bigger im moving him into a cage and putting my carpet into the rack. but for now she is too small and im worried about her getting out.
  15. monstruo-the-tegu

monstruo-the-tegu Member

i dont see why blood pythons get that rep ive held like 5 blood pythons and none were mean and ive seen more mean ball pythons and corn snakes then blood pythons
  16. frost

i havent held any blood pythons but have hald quite a few mean ball pythons. my one spider ball tried taking my face off a few times.
  17. Hybrid

Hybrid New Member

I have two mutts bought on an impulse buy lol. both are corn snake sonoran gopher snake hybrids both het for corn amel. I plan on breeding them next year. they hatched in 2010 and are already 39"! I bet the amel hatchlings are gonna have some pretty sick orange. I have some friends and family who are in the market of a pet only snake so I plan on selling most hatchlings cheap to them. Ill keep an albino maybe. I do want to get into pure and locality snakes though. I really want to get Inca phase Andean Milks and some locality of Bull snake, maybe Hwy 277 aka the Monster Bulls. Don't hate me for this, but If I do get the bulls and Andeans, I plan on creating a hybrid between and Adean milk and a bull. I have yet to find a good enough argument against hybridization to discourage me from it.
  18. frost

that sounds interesting ill have to check that out.
  19. turtlepunk

turtlepunk New Member

yup I LOVE snakes =) had to re-home some of them though =( I currently keep a carpet python, 2 columbian red tail boas, an albino burm, 2 ball pythons and a brazilian rainbow boa. love em all
  20. Grendel

Grendel Member

I currently have a Hogg island
    Boa, 2 green tree pythons, and a
    Western hognose