• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Calcium

Nick Forlina

best calcium powder?? Heard calcium with d3 isn’t the best... any suggestions? Right now I’m using the calcium with d3 but can switch if needed.

Trizz1964

ZooMed Repti-Calcium or Flukers without d3 and make sure you have a proper light as a uvb/uva best is megaray vapor mercury internal ballast also get a laser temp gun and check basking heat needs to be 110 to 120 and really the only way you can tell how much uv radiation the tegu is getting is buy a solar watt meter look for a range about 100 to 150 megawatts this is like high noon full on bask, if the tegu doesn't like it or he gets to hot he'll move to the outer edge of the basking spot to get cooler. calcium with d3 is only good when there is inappropriate lighting and thus should never happen! to much calcium with d3 and a high power light is worse
read this https://vitamindwiki.com/dl959

Nick Forlina

ZooMed Repti-Calcium or Flukers without d3 and make sure you have a proper light as a uvb/uva best is megaray vapor mercury internal ballast also get a laser temp gun and check basking heat needs to be 110 to 120 and really the only way you can tell how much uv radiation the tegu is getting is buy a solar watt meter look for a range about 100 to 150 megawatts this is like high noon full on bask, if the tegu doesn't like it or he gets to hot he'll move to the outer edge of the basking spot to get cooler. calcium with d3 is only good when there is inappropriate lighting and thus should never happen! to much calcium with d3 and a high power light is worse
Right now I’m just running a 12 watt uvb bulb and 120 watt heat bulb.. I have a temp gun I get a basking temp from 118-122F and my ambient is about 83 and 75 on cold side. The owner before me didn’t have a uvb light for him because she believed he didn’t need it... he seems to be healthy tho and his bones are strong from what I can tell. I believe he’s about 4 months old

Nick Forlina

Also will go get some new calcium, I figured I’d use the calcium with d3 for a bit because his lack of uvb before I got him.

nightanole

I use sticky tongue farms indoor since the 90's, and always had good bone scans from the vet.

It is ultra low dose D3. And by low dose i mean like 1000 times less than the D3+ stuff from raphasy or whatever.

dpjm

5 Year Member
Best calcium supplement I've used is actually just the Zoo Med brand. You should not have trouble finding that.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't skimp on the calcium each feeding. Growing very fast and need it for strong bones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam