• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

caiman lizards

new2tegus

I'm looking for some info on these. Just what are the basic needs, and what not, best place to look for one, if anyone has a breeder in mind and what not. Enclosure requirements and temps and all. If anyone has information and can share some knowledge here, that would be great, because I'm very interested in them. Thanks again.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ben Siegel at albinonile.com use to have some that had moved onto a ground turkey diet with snails too. There aren't many breeders out there that I know of. They spend a lot of time in water, come from the same family as tegus, Teiidae, and have a rather hard diet to keep up with. Up until a few years ago, they would only eat snails, and were almost impossible to care for properly, and would end up dying in captivity. Lately, some breeders/sellers have been able to switch them to a ground turkey diet. I don't know for sure if Ben Siegel is a breeder, but I know he's had them before. I'm sure you can give him a call and see if he's getting any sometime soon.

Edit: he's got caimans at about 2 feet available, just checked his site. Priced at 500 each.

new2tegus

I will have to check them out. I know you can order snails online, just want to make sure I'm getting a healthy animal. You can never be to careful anymore, I know he's a reputable one. Thank you for the info, will have to check into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi