• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage size / looking for names thread

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Ok so some of you might know i recently got a tegu(I'll pictures as soon as possible). I'm planning on building a 7'x3'x2.5'-3' cage and i was wondering if you guys think that would keep the little bugger happy when he's older? I know the minimum is a 6'x3'x3' but it's just my nature to make sure it's ok.

My other question is what are some good names for a tegu? I was kind of thinking Alice because its semi-unisex if thats possible :p I'd like unisex names seeing as i can't tell the gender because hes only 11" s long. :)

Thank you,
Spencer

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The cages I built for our adult Tegu's are 7ft x 3ft x 3ft. They are adequate for a 3.5ft lizard. I built them that size because that's the room I had for the first one. Then I stacked another on top, then built another one. Soon there will be a 18" snake version.

I'm not very good with names. "Hey you" always works. I call our newest snakes "big snakey" and "little snakey". Yes not very original but the snake doesn't know the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam