• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

building custom enclosure... finally lol

kellen.watkins

So I've been preparing eli's custom enclosure for well over a month now finally got some time off work and started hitting the drill and saw yesterday and my girlfriend is doing the majority of the painting, had to call it a night yesterday got too late and I started getting too drunk lol here is what I got accomplished so far I'm going to go finish up after a pet adoption drive for the company I work for.

The part I'm kneeling in is the top and the other part is the bottom

Attachments

• downsize_2.jpg
    downsize_2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 31
  • downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 25

toxxxickitten

kellen.watkins said:
Key word so far lol I think it will come out all right

kinda nervous never built a reptile enclosure before by myself.

I'm sure it will be just fine. :) I wish I was as handy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when Cuddles will need a bigger enclosure.

kellen.watkins

I hope it will tooo, will post more pics later today, @ toxxxickitten I would search the cl ads for a tank, anything you can order is insanely expensive especially. When you add in shipping

toxxxickitten

kellen.watkins said:
I hope it will tooo, will post more pics later today, @ toxxxickitten I would search the cl ads for a tank, anything you can order is insanely expensive especially. When you add in shipping

I'll keep my eye out on CL. I know I can find some rather good deals. I may even look into maybe paying someone to build an enclosure for me.

kellen.watkins

Here's so more pics didn't quite get finished but will be donr tomorrow morning here are some pics

Attachments

• 2011-10-08 15.11.43.jpg
    2011-10-08 15.11.43.jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2011-10-08 17.02.27.jpg
    2011-10-08 17.02.27.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 2011-10-08 19.31.09.jpg
    2011-10-08 19.31.09.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 11

kellen.watkins

Ain't it :) he/she better like it I've been busting my ass to make it lol I'm glad it came out okay I was worried cause I don't have the best of tools. The thing is freaking heavy. All I have left to do is put on the other door, put in another stud, a lil caulking work, and install the lights and by next weekend my gus will finally have an enclosure to really play in :)

kellen.watkins

Finally done, just gotta let it sit for a week to air out

Attachments

• 2011-10-09 17.19.09.jpg
    2011-10-09 17.19.09.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • 2011-10-09 17.08.14.jpg
    2011-10-09 17.08.14.jpg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 15

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How much substrate do you plan on putting in it? How does it open? Did you use glass or plexi glass?

kellen.watkins

5 inches of substrate up to the litter dam I can always put more in towards the back. It has 2 doors thhat are 4' wide in the front that come down so it kinda makes a ramp when you lower the door, if you look close each door has 2 hinges and 2 latches which means I'm gonna need 4 locks which is good cause there is a toddler in my apartment. I got 1/2" plexiglass routed in the doors held in with jb weld (they ain't budging) with caulking to seal away the jb weld
And one door is painted on the outside cause my giirlfriend painted the wrong side on accident lol
And one door is painted on the outside cause my giirlfriend painted the wrong side on accident lol

fastforward

Dude that looks like a nice set up with the couch and all. I was thinking of maybe using a tegu enclosure as a huge coffee table. Not sure if that may stress them out though.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced