• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeding season

Quandor079

I have a male 6 month old blue tegu. He was nice and calm until 2 weeks ago and then he became aggressive.
I was told it is breeding season and he will be aggressive until mid may. Is this true.

Quandor079

Thank you for your reply, I thought puberty was normally 18-24 months old. He went from being a nice tegu to satan. I still sit next to his enclosure and talk to him and attempt to pet him but he gets real defensive. I guess I just have to give him some time and space.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your reply, I thought puberty was normally 18-24 months old. He went from being a nice tegu to satan. I still sit next to his enclosure and talk to him and attempt to pet him but he gets real defensive. I guess I just have to give him some time and space.

It will pass....and by the way - it could be both! Puberty seems to be more of a condition where aggression or just strange behavior happens no matter what, where breeding season seems to be aggression toward another female Tegu.

Godzilla Earth

I've heard that if their male, tegus seem to be "too friendly" toward ladys but they are not ussually aggressive. I'm in puberty now so I can relate

Dylan koch

I think my year old blue male is going through puberty or just acting totally different when outside for daily yard time. Any time I try to grab him to hold him or reposition him or try and take him back inside. He now starts dating fastly away ge used to just slowly walk away. It can be a pain some times but the minute I put my big plastic tub in front hell crawl in so I can take him back inside. I don't get it lol but he acts fine other wise when not outside. I get he probably just thinks it's a game or doesn't want to go back. But indoors hes totally fine. My female is a doll tho. But sometimes seeing his behavior outside makes her do somewhat same

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam