• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeding feeder fish

Crimson tegu

Hello
I was intrested in breeding feeder fish does anyone know a good technique
To doing so
I know goldfish are terrible feederfish
But if i breed them myself will they be better
If not what is a good feeder fish to feed?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just put a small pond/pool in Alphas enclosure and filled it with feeder shrimp (more to keep water fresh than for a snack although you never know)..... but am also thinking of maybe adding a couple of fish and seeing what happens.

I also read as long as they have a varied diet, the threat from any fish is very low but I'm personally still researching

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes I'm over in the UK and found someone on eBay just calling them River Shrimp, so I'm not too sure but they are a type of glass coloured fan shrimp I think.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How come that species?

just a small / cheap schooling fish which is supposed to be hardy and pretty adaptable to change........ I also couldn't find enough information to point to OR steer me away from any particular species and I'm not sure he'll actually eat them.

guess time will tell.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alpha doesn't go to eat the fish and now has Cory catfish, guppy's, suckling loach and he had scissor tails....... Update

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced