• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breed of tegu

Behembe

I bought a black and white tegu a few months back. Probably about 6 months or so old now and on his sides I'm starting to see orange spots become more obvious could I have a mix or is this normal for black and whites. Also the underside has some orange as well

Attachments

• 20210916_195514.jpg
    20210916_195514.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27

IG:teguzilla

I bought a black and white tegu a few months back. Probably about 6 months or so old now and on his sides I'm starting to see orange spots become more obvious could I have a mix or is this normal for black and whites. Also the underside has some orange as well
if someone walked into my shop with that tegu and asked me to guess, I would guess its a "Black Flame" which is 50% B/W and 50% Red.

My first question is Where did you acquire that tegu from? If you bought it from a FL dealer that didn't breed it themselves, then it may be a wild caught tegu in which case it can easily be a hybrid since they are all running loose down there haha.

Some dealers will list their wild caught tegus as "Black & White" since that is the most common search term in regards to Google SEO.

Behembe

I bought it through a pet store in CT called amazing animals. The owner special ordered it for me from someone in Texas. I don't know where. I was just curious if it was a mix so thank you for the guess.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I've never seen a true B/W with that much color on anything but it's tummy. Very pretty!! Looks like a mix to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam