• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue's new home

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I finished Blue's (our new male Blue Tegu) this past Sunday. He used to be up all day in his old (much smaller) cage. He's so settled in we hardly see him anymore!!

100_5122_.jpg

100_5038_.jpg

This is the third enclosure I've built in the last 3 months, with one more to go. I'll post the pics of them in another thread.

dorton

5 Year Member
Very nice setup.
I wouldn't mind having one like that for mine. I have thought about having a group outside, and keeping my little guy inside, time will tell.

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
Nice cages. I like the wheels on the bottom, thats a great idea! I wish I had the patience, and knowhow, to build custom cages. Good Job!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mdmtmm said:
Nice cages. I like the wheels on the bottom, thats a great idea! I wish I had the patience, and knowhow, to build custom cages. Good Job!
Thanks!

The casters are about $5 each at Home Depot. They are nice for moving it around for cleaning but they were more important when I needed to move the base around the garage when building it. The second enclosure was stacked on top of the first but had the casters on it until it was stacked.

All the plywood (1 sheet of 3/8" & 3 sheets of 1/4") was cut at Lowe's. I have a saw to cut it, but it's much easier if they do it. I have layouts to show how to get all the 1/4" panels out of 3 sheets.

I'm a Tool Designer by trade so I've been designing stuff for many years. I've got the whole thing modeled in 3D. I'm going to make some exploded views and post them in a few days.

I forgot to mention the enclosures only weigh 170 lbs empty. I put (5) 3 cubic foot bags of cypress mulch in them, for a depth of about 8 inches. They're able to completely burrow in it without a problem.

I need to change the mulch in one tomorrow. What do I do with 15 cubic feet of stinky mulch??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744