• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue, the Red Tegu - Heating Lights

What types of heating lights does the forum suggest? The halogens I have found, only go up to 50 watts and does not seem to be heating my babies little 40 gallon tank enough. I'm about to start building one, so it's ready when he needs to move, but not sure what is best to use for heating.

Ivyna J Spyder

5 Year Member
Halogens work just fine, but if the one isn't heating enough- just use more lights! A set of 2-4 smaller lights creates a bigger basking spot, which is better than a single high wattage bulb.

You'll have to do some experimenting based on the enclosure size, distance to the basking spot, and ambient temperature.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced