1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!
    Dismiss Notice

Blue tegu enclosure

Discussion in 'Blue Tegu Discussion' started by Jessmakayla23, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Jessmakayla23

Jessmakayla23 New Member

So I want to get a blue tegu preferably a female since they are smaller than the males but what’s the smallest size enclosure I could keep them in that they can permanently live in? I would add a climbing ramp to a second level where I would have a basting light. I would rather have it bigger in height than length to be honest but would that be okay for this type of monitor??
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Dear Jess,

Tegus only seem like monitors. They are only distantly related to them. Many aspects of their biology are very different. Tegus might climb but are not arboreal. Aum for floor space, not height as for many spo. of monitors.