• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue tegu diet

Martin

I avoid feeding meat and stick to mainly defrost rodents large Dubai’s and locust and the odd quail eggs. My male is 4 and a half now and extremely healthy and active.

Merlot

Where the hell does every find locusts and large roaches, grasshoppers, and other nice large feeder insects? There are literally no places anywhere around me with quality feeder insects. My tegu has an awesome diet but I’d love to have some good large insects to introduce to the diet

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Might try LLLreptile.com They ship now, and I've had good results. Haven't seen locusts, but you can get different sizes of frozen mice, and all the different worms, dubias, etc. Make sure you read their shipping info because it's very specific for certain things on certain days. I like them, they've been good about refunding problems, and get back to you right away.

I have a male that won't eat insects at all, and a female that is a super worm fiend.

rats

5 Year Member
My blue likes variety (except greens -- he never got into that) so in rotation (not all this every day!) he gets ground raw turkey, raw salmon, roast chicken, hard-boiled eggs (sans shells, chopped into small chunks), scrambled eggs (cooled down), grapes (chopped lengthwise so he won't choke, just like you do for your kids!), strawberries (chopped), blueberries, raspberries -- he doesn't like bananas for some reason (but the B+W tegu loves them!). We'd give him raw egg but he's such a messy eater, we'd have to feed him that in the tub or sink! He also gets dubia roaches every now and then (he loves to play with them -- toss them in the air, grab them after they start to walk away, etc.); when he was young, he ate crickets but now he just ignores them -- I think he thinks they're fleas or something. Haven't done much with mice -- not sure if he'll take one.

Basically, blues are omnivorous and like most anything. But they all have preferences so you have to figure it out. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam