• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bittergent?

kellen.watkins

So I had my hands in eli's cage smoothing out substrate ect he straight jumped out of his hide and bit me, I told my buddy about it and he said his tegu did it a lot when it was small and what he did was spray dust off (it has a bittergent in it to keep people from huffing it) on his hands and let the tegu bite him the tegu did it once and never bit his hands again, has anyone else tried this?

jdpFL

I think I'd be scared of that. Could be harmful....who knows? To me maybe not worth the risk. They mellow a lot the bigger they get anyway, and I'd be afraid to do anything that might associate me with a negative experience, ya know?

kellen.watkins

True true, but they got great memory and they can hold on to that for days, an I gotta start handling eli soon I've had him for 3 weeks ain't been able to handle him, bittergent is safe for people so why wouldn't it be for tegus? I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this

spidersandmonsters

I gotta say, I think that's an amazing idea. The whole point of deterrents like acetone is that they're harmless but very effective. Your guy may not like it, but I think he would associate it more with you tasting horrible than you hurting it or having a fight with it.

kellen.watkins

i dont like cage feeding, its easier to clean his cage when hes not in it, to associate him with me ect, i really hate seeing eco earth in their poo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980