• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best wood sealants for tegus? scratch proof?

Lizardon

So just saw a video on wood sealants mentioning latex based ugl drylok extreme.

Was wondering if this is scratch proof or if there is better? also do you seal the whole wood? like all sides of the piece of wood being used to build? say you have a wood panel do you paint all of it? also this guy is talking about that they will tint the drylok in different shades?

Any alternatives? Looking for best bang of my buck. Although the tint looks neat. I'd tint it yellow or green or grey (pastels).

Though the outside being jetblack would look nice and professional but I guess black look is common.

Anyways any recommendations? do you have to retreat the wood? like if you coat it do you need to reapply it years later?

How many coats would be good? Can you overcoat things?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam