• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best time to trim nails?

Largelizards

So it’s time to trim Béla’s nails and I’m wondering if late at night may be a good time. He sleeps under a tile so he would be easy to get to him with no digging. It’ll be a two man job. I don’t ever disturb him at night but thought it may be safer than to do it during the day when he has more energy.

Any thoughts or tips?

*Ill be using dog clippers, avoiding the nerve, using a file after words, and I have concrete blocks for him to play on.

Leezard

5 Year Member
Evening is good cause he'll fight you less, ive had luck using my legs to trap him safely so he can't run away, and then I support both sides of the finger in my hand while trying not to move the finger as much when clipping the nail. My tegu doesn't mind nail clipping as long as he can't feel me putting pressure on the nail so support his finger with your finger well and he shouldn't notice too much

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam