• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best show for Lizards

dustintp

So I've been curious lately and this seems like a good place to ask with everyone spread out around the country and majority of intrests in Lizards. I have been to most of the shows around the midwest and I am not at shows to buy a snake. It's cool seeing all the different snakes and I understand the reason for majority of the animals at these shows being snakes but I like to plan my family vacations so I can sneak off to a reptile show. What would people recommend or have found are the best shows with a good amount of lizards?

dustintp

of course Tegu's but monitors geckos I guess I am just looking for a show that has a good variety. I know the bigger shows out there are going to have more what I am after. We were looking at possibly heading to Chicago next year around the Tinley show but I heard this last one was majority snakes.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
All of the shows I have been to or talked to people about are mainly snakes. Bearded dragons and geckos make up the bulk of the lizard market at these shows. I believe the reason tegus and monitors are not that popular at shows is because tegu breeders seem to sell out quickly and don't have any reason to go to the shows and there aren't many monitor breeders. Some of the larger pet stores (LLL, Global Captive Breeders) seem to have a small selection of monitors, but I haven't seen many tegus at the shows.

Snakes are easier and more lucrative to breed therefore that is what people sell at the shows.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam