• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best kind of door for monitor cage?

casey15

I was thinking of a door that opens from the top, maybe a hinged or sliding. I could have a wood hinged door, with a built in plexi glass window to help hold in the humidity. Whats the best door to use for an 8x4x4 cage?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would agree with James. A cage that large the space you'd need for the doors would be a pain to provided, not to mention they would be heavy and need some heavy duty framing. I would go with front sliding tempered glass, this will mean the cage will need less space and front open on a cage that is over 3 foot tall makes it easier to have access to the cage as a whole. Think about if the top opened how much you would have to bend over inside the cage to reach something on the bottom of the cage?

casey15

The front opening doors seem easier, but then I'm worried about how much substrate I'd be able to put in.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can make it so that there is a foot deep lip (ie cut a 8'x1' piece of plywood and a 1"x1" piece at the top of it to reinforce it).

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can make it have 2' of dirt and 2' doors if you want. That is the joy of building it yourself. Post some pictures of the cage you already have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980