• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Beardie babies and adults

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I just had a nice clutch of 17 baby beardies hatch. They have been out for about 10 days, and some are already nearing the 5 inch mark. They have nice color, some even have pink and green. I bought the adults as normals, but I think they may be something else? (Or at least the dad.) I'm still going to consider them normals, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this coloration.

IMGP1257.jpg

IMGP1255.jpg

Mom and dad. (Dad being the smaller one). The babies are in a screen cage for sunbathing purposes.

IMGP1245.jpg

A closeup. Morph?

IMGP1236.jpg

The last few to hatch. Ooooh, scary. :lol:

IMGP1264.jpg

All 17.

Enjoy. :wink:

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Congrats on the babies. Technically if you don't know what the parents were its a normal no matter how "pretty" it is.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice looking babies, I remember when they were just eggs!! I like the little one with all the mouth, he is like, back off or I will.... LOL

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Lizardboy, yes, I know they are labeled as normals if you don't know the parent's morphs. Just wondering if anyone has seen this coloration.

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Mike,

The babies are adorable!!! I also like the one with it's mouth open. How cute is that?

As for your adults, they are both really nice looking, and definitely NOT normals, although I couldn't tell you what they are. The female looks very similar to a dragon of ours, Spice. You can see a picture of her on our website, if you'd like to compare. The male looks to be some sort of hypo something or other, with that light coloration.

Oooh...I just love the babies!!!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ObsessionDragons said:
Mike,

The babies are adorable!!! I also like the one with it's mouth open. How cute is that?

As for your adults, they are both really nice looking, and definitely NOT normals, although I couldn't tell you what they are. The female looks very similar to a dragon of ours, Spice. You can see a picture of her on our website, if you'd like to compare. The male looks to be some sort of hypo something or other, with that light coloration.

Oooh...I just love the babies!!!

Thanks!

The 2nd clutch has hatched as well. I have 34 babies at the moment. :D Sadly, I'll be selling most of the 1st clutch next week. (I'm holding back a few).

I thought hypo when I saw the male's colors as well. I guess you can't really be sure. Maybe some citrus x hypo x normal mix?

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Yeah, I was kind of thinking like hypo orange, peach, something like that. He's definitely light. It's almost strange looking at your female..she looks so much like my Spice. Same chubbiness, too!

Awwwww...selling the little ones is always so tough. I always had a hard time with that part. It's so hard to raise them up, only to watch them go.

Make sure you take plenty of pics so you have something to remember them!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ObsessionDragons said:
Awwwww...selling the little ones is always so tough. I always had a hard time with that part. It's so hard to raise them up, only to watch them go.

Make sure you take plenty of pics so you have something to remember them!

Not only pics, but I'm saving all the eggshells. I always do. :wink:

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just keep 'em. :wink: Reminds me of all the babies I've had. Like baby photos. :)

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm selling them. Of course, I'm holding back a few. I'll have to post pics soon. They look different from all the others in the clutch.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Mike said:
Yeah, I'm selling them. Of course, I'm holding back a few. I'll have to post pics soon. They look different from all the others in the clutch.

Reason why I'm asking is because I may be interested :wink: :D :D

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Reason why I'm asking is because I may be interested

Sorry, I've just sold off the entire first clutch. I would love to send a few your way, but I'm not really prepared for it at the moment. I'll probably order some pro-exotics insulated boxes and heat + cold packs soon.

For now, I'm content with selling around here.

Perhaps when I get a few more breeding projects up and running again in the spring I'll send a few your way. :wink:

Thanks for the interest. :) :D :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam