• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded dragon issues

Gray herp

I know most of you are more specialized in tegus but i've run across a problem with my bearded dragon thats been scaring me to death.

My dragon was adopted from someone who couldnt care for it anymore a few weeks ago. When i first got him he pooped fine, it was healthy but as of late it's been passing right through him.

To understand the scale of this i gave greens around eight this morning and they came out 45 minutes later undigested.

I have him in a 55 gallon tank (i know too small but i'm building him a 30" by 48" soon). He has a spiral uvb atm although i just ordered a reptisun 10.0. The cool side of his tank is in the seventies and i've been having trouble keeping it in the eighties like it should be. Would miving the basking spot to the center help? I'll probablly put a heat matt on the side of the tank in the future to help.

I'm not sure if his diet (collard greens) are the issue or not. I'm just really worried and wondering if anybody knows what coukd be causing this?

Zyn

Stop feeding collard greens only they need less
Fiber. I’d suggest one day with various bugs Ill feed one day dusted super worms as many as she’ll eat the next a mix of squash, sweet potatoes, kale, some slice up grapes and shredded carrots. There are a lot of diet guides out there. To many leafy greens cause runng stole because it’s mostly water.

Gray herp

Thank you so much! I'd read a lot diet guides and they mentioned the lettuce thing but i didnt know all leafy greens did the same thing. I'll be heasing to the store asap to mix it up.

Stellalife1

I know most of you are more specialized in tegus but i've run across a problem with my bearded dragon thats been scaring me to death.

My dragon was adopted from someone who couldnt care for it anymore a few weeks ago. When i first got him he pooped fine, it was healthy but as of late it's been passing right through him.

To understand the scale of this i gave greens around eight this morning and they came out 45 minutes later undigested.

I have him in a 55 gallon tank (i know too small but i'm building him a 30" by 48" soon). He has a spiral uvb atm although i just ordered a reptisun 10.0. The cool side of his tank is in the seventies and i've been having trouble keeping it in the eighties like it should be. Would miving the basking spot to the center help? I'll probablly put a heat matt on the side of the tank in the future to help.

I'm not sure if his diet (collard greens) are the issue or not. I'm just really worried and wondering if anybody knows what coukd be causing this?
If the top is screen, wrap it in tinfoil and cut out where basking is. On the cooler side, pull the tin back a couple inches. Is his basking heat on point?? Sounds like he is not digesting. It could definitely be related to temps being off

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced