• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Battle scars

Jstew

I try to handle my monitor as often as possible and cutting her nails is out of the question because she likes to grab fish and I don't want to make it any harder on her but it seems like I can't go Nywhere now adays without looking like I've been wrestling barbed wire.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
The only thing I can think of is use a towel for her to sit on your lap.i routinely use one for niles ( my tegu) i call it his "blankie ." Haha :)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the world of handling big lizards. Sometimes my arms look like I'm suicidal or cut myself. Clipping or grinding their nails help if you know how. Also placing bricks or large rocks in the enclosure can help ware them down.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Try, when the lizard is cold, wrapping the entire lizard on a towel with just the leg that you want to trim sticking out.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
He didn't want clipped nails because it likes to grab fish with them, thus the problem.

Jstew

Yeah I've done nails a few times in my day that's no issue and of course it's my hands that get the worst of it as she uses them for a launching pad but hey, love hurts.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
He didn't want clipped nails because it likes to grab fish with them, thus the problem.

Oh, sorry, my reading comprehension short circuited for a second :-/.

Jstew said:
I try to handle my monitor as often as possible and cutting her nails is out of the question because she likes to grab fish and I don't want to make it any harder on her but it seems like I can't go Nywhere now adays without looking like I've been wrestling barbed wire.

Wear those scars proudly! But yeah towels, hoodies, blankets, gloves. all good ideas.

Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:

Oh, sorry, my reading comprehension short circuited for a second :-/.
2uyp3e9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced