• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Tegu - what veggies or fruits???

Kre8sioN

New to Tegu, but have accompanied many reptiles. Tegu (Arya) Female Chacoan (should be anyway), Still a baby but growing fast. Loves snail meat, Chicken heart and gizzard, OMG Crickets, every couple days a soft boiled for breakfast, but haven't added any fruit or veggies at this point. btw calcium 3 times a weak and Vitamin in between. Very happy and healthy but have you had success with any fruits or vegs at this early age. 6 in snout to tail tip when I got her. close to 9 now. just curious and thanks in advance

VenusAndSaturn

When Oreo was little (about a month old) she loved fruits. Watermelon, red raspberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, bananas and mangos are usually what she gets for the fruit portion of her diet. And she loves it, loved it then and loves it now.
Veggies, however, are a very big struggle with her, hated it when she small and still hates it now. I normally have to cut the veggies up into tiny, tiny pieces and mix it with the meat to get her to eat it.
If the pieces are too big she spits them out.

Kre8sioN

Just what I needed to know. Few times I'm not home at lunch to feed or she's hungry out of her feeding schedule and want to give her good stuff. Just wanted to know its good to try those things, she's probably 6 to 8 weeks old. I eat a variety of fruits and vegs so gonna experiment. Another question??. I always have fresh fruit and veggi but what if I'm having say canned pees for dinner. can she have some, before cooked of course? canned veg has to contain aluminum from canning. should I stick to fresh and or organic, or am I being a bit overboard. I know they have a tough stomach but again, need to know :)

grapebasil

A general rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t feed it to your baby, you can’t feed it to the tegu. I think canned would probably be fine but make sure you check for BPA in the packaging. Not sure if BPA is a problem for reptiles but best to be safe. Also check the list of ingredients. If you can’t pronounce them, it’s a no for the tegu imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced