• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu not eating insects

SheriDemou

I’m worried that my baby won’t get good nutrition. She avoids bugs. We tried crickets Dubia roaches small horn worms. Live ones get away and live in her tank. Dead ones are of no interest. Won’t eat veggies or fruits cut up. Only Turkey burger. Is this okay for a growing baby?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long have you had her??
Did she eat them where she came from??
Is she eating other thing? e.g fish/chicken/organs etc

SheriDemou

Only been here a couple weeks. She seems very scared and skittering. She ate A bite salmon too. Should I blend bugs up in the turkey? Or just forget bugs for now

My tegu stopped eating bugs when he was full grown but I feed him reptilinks the 50 50 whole meat with organ meat and organic vegetable, whole frozen thawed rats and frozen whole quail with micro greens mixed in he eats it all ,that gives him a good balanced diet

SheriDemou

My tegu stopped eating bugs when he was full grown but I feed him reptilinks the 50 50 whole meat with organ meat and organic vegetable, whole frozen thawed rats and frozen whole quail with micro greens mixed in he eats it all ,that gives him a good balanced diet
Thanks for the info! I ordered reptilinks. Should get here next week.

Hope your tegu likes them ,reptilinks has made feeding my tegu, monitor and blue tongue skink so much easier they all love them and i feel I am giving them the best nutrition

SheriDemou

Hope your tegu likes them ,reptilinks has made feeding my tegu, monitor and blue tongue skink so much easier they all love them and i feel I am giving them the best nutrition
I’m looking forward to not making meat mash! Which Of your 3 lizards is more friendly and handles well?

I have 7 lizards and a kingsnake the other 4 lizards are insect eaters I have 2 bearded dragons they are the friendliest easy to handle my older one gos to work with me my tegu is calm and laid back totally trusts me but being large and not comfortable being picked up I do not handle him just pet him on the ground my panther chameleon is also calm and easy going but they are not found of being handled I recently got a leopard gecko the cutest creature there is I think he is also calm but I am giving him time to get use to me and his new environment my northern blue tongue skink is cool to have around but they hate being handled and barley trusts you ,very cautious animals my Timor monitor can only be watched at a distance they are skittish absolutely untrusting animals but very cool looking all have very large habitats the 3 larger ones have open whole room habitats

SheriDemou

I have 7 lizards and a kingsnake the other 4 lizards are insect eaters I have 2 bearded dragons they are the friendliest easy to handle my older one gos to work with me my tegu is calm and laid back totally trusts me but being large and not comfortable being picked up I do not handle him just pet him on the ground my panther chameleon is also calm and easy going but they are not found of being handled I recently got a leopard gecko the cutest creature there is I think he is also calm but I am giving him time to get use to me and his new environment my northern blue tongue skink is cool to have around but they hate being handled and barley trusts you ,very cautious animals my Timor monitor can only be watched at a distance they are skittish absolutely untrusting animals but very cool looking all have very large habitats the 3 larger ones have open whole room habitats
Wow. Amazing. I think you for all of your lizard knowledge. I have 2 beardies and feel very attached to them. I realize my Tegu is not fond of being handled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam